Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Under the Cover: Picture Perfect by Alessandra Thomas

We NAtural girls are huge fans of Alessandra Thomas because she's amazing. So when her new cover was released for her book Picture Perfect, we had to feature the book Under the Cover and between the sheets.

First, here's the cover.


Now let's go Under the Cover:

He scooted closer to me on the bed, letting his hand rest on my waist. Hi voice dropped and he looked into my eyes. “Is this okay?”

I nodded, biting my lip. There I went again, trying to look sexy in one of the least sexy moments ever.

“I want to tell you a story,” he leaned in, his voice low and husky. “About the day I went to my human form drawing class at Drexel, And instead of some ugly horny guy model, or some old woman, or some skin-and-bones girl with ribs popping out, literally the most gorgeous individual I have ever seen in my entire life walked into that room.”

“You’re kidding me.” My voice was a whisper. “My therapist said it was either try doing shit like that to get over my body issues, or have them get even worse.”

He moved his hand farther down my waist. When it grazed against the bump of fat and skin at the top of my yoga pants, I tensed. I didn’t want to hate my body - but I did.

“Did it help?” Concern flooded his eyes, laced with something like hope.

“No,” I whispered, and his mouth pressed into a tight line. “But,” I said, brushing my hand under his jaw, “Tonight did. The rock climbing. I felt strong.”

“And the kissing? Did that help?” His eyebrow flicked up, and the smile was back.

“The kissing made me feel sexy.” I leaned forward and planted a light kiss on his mouth, but when his moved against mine, I couldn’t stop. My breath quickened as he leaned further into me and our tongues played against each other. As my heart sped up, though, I realized how freaking confusing this must be.

“But,” I said, letting my forehead rest against his for just a moment before leaning back, “It really freaked me out. And the only thing I could think about after that night was that I would never let anyone see me naked again. And it seems that applies to touching, too.”

“I have a very serious question for you, then.”

Oh shit. This was it. Gorgeous Nate was going to dump me, just like Jake had done. My heart sank at the same time a fresh anger flowed through me. Why lead me on, if he was just going to do that?

“Do you think that it also applies to kissing?” He leaned in and kissed me lightly on each cheek, then on my lips.

My eyes fluttered closed. A rush of warmth surged through me, chasing away the nervousness. “You know, it might not.”

“Well,” he said, smoothing his lips across my jaw, “I have a proposal.”

“I’m listening,” I said, holding back a sigh.

“I kiss you. Everywhere. Starting with your gorgeous face.” He moved his mouth to the underside of my jaw, and flicked a tongue out there.

I whimpered.

“You tell me when it’s too much. When you’re stressed, when you’re panicked, when you feel ugly. And I will stop, and we’ll find something we like on TV, and we’ll try again next time.”He came back up to brush his lips against mine. “Next time,” I murmured. “Okay.” This guy was promising a next time, despite all my freaky freaking out.


Picture Perfect is available now for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs